Chủ Nhật, 1 tháng 10, 2017

Youtube daily Oct 1 2017

I love Germany, but there are just some things that I think the USA does better.

Hey everyone! I'm Dana and you're watching Wanted Adventure Living Abroad.

Now before anyone gets upset, I'm also making a video about some of the things that I think Germany

does better than the USA, and so then it will all be balanced again.

That video is coming on another Sunday.

But one of these videos had to come out first and I picked this one.

Let's start with an easy one. Customer service.

Come on, the USA is practically known for its customer service.

I talked about this in the grocery store video, customers in America are king.

They can almost always return things, a lot of times even without a receipt.

Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back is a phrase that is often used in the U.S.

And there's just this over all care and concern given toward keeping the customers happy.

Sometimes customer service in the U.S. does even go a little bit overboard.

I worked in the service industry in the U.S., and sometimes it was really annoying when we had

to be super, super polite even to the most pain in the butt customers.

But on the other hand I, as a customer, really do really appreciate that level of customer

support and in general enjoy being a customer more in the U.S. than in Germany.

In the U.S. I don't think I've ever had to pay to use a restroom, and I gotta say,

I definitely appreciate that.

I actually had no idea while I was living there that it was something that I needed

to appreciate.

I took it for granted, but now whenever I go back to visit the U.S., I appreciate it.

I definitely think that free toilets is the way to go.

In the U.S. they're even free on the highway.

Which totally makes sense, because I mean, yeah, I usually spend money there at the rest

stop anyway on gas and food and drinks.

Sometimes a lot of money.

So I think that having to pay to use the toilets on top of that is really just too much.

Here in Munich, I've seen it that sometimes even at restaurants I am eating at there's

a plate out there in front of the restroom for you to put money on.

No. Just no.

If I'm eating at your establishment, the restrooms should be absolutely, positively

free, with not even the slightest bit of pressure to pay.

That means no plate by the door, nothing.

No pressure. Absolutely free.

The national parks in the U.S. are amazing.

I've only seen a handful of them so far, but I'm really looking forward to getting

to visit more of them.

What makes them so amazing?

Well, first of all it's the nature in the parks itself.

The flora and fauna and geological formations in the national parks in the U.S. are just incredible.

Absolutely breathtaking views and amazing diversity around the country.

Just so many different kinds of things to see.

But then there's also what the national parks have brought to the park experience,

namely the rangers in the parks who are to very happy to answer whatever questions you

might have.

And there are also tours to go on.

And just lots and lots of information about what you're seeing.

There are often evening talks, interactive presentations, star-gazing at night with telescopes

that you can look through and again information about what you're actually seeing up there.

So just really a lot of resources and very interesting hands-on stuff to experience.

I don't know...I think this one might be the most controversial one of this video, actually.

I hear so many people in Germany saying that America only has fast-food, there's no good

food in America.

I was actually really stunned the first time that I heard someone say that.

Because, yeah, okay, the U.S. definitely does have fast-food places, but it's also home

to lots of other kinds of food.

Food from all over the world, all different kinds of flavors and tastes and styles, and

new creations and combinations and innovative ways of preparing those foods popping up all

the time.

I would say that at least 95 percent of the best meals I can ever remember having in my

life, happened in the USA.

So, yeah, I'm saying it, I'm sorry - I like the food in the USA more.

There. I've said it.

I've talked about this one in a lot more detail in several Ask An American videos,

which I will link to down below, but yeah, in the U.S. I learned from an early age to

try to be optimistic.

That it's better to be optimistic than pessimistic.

See the bright side of things, look for the silver lining in a bad situation.

And while I have grown to realize that sometimes it is very important to allow yourself to

feel sad or other "negative" feelings, I do overall, in general appreciate this optimistic

outlook on life.

And as far as being friendly, in the U.S. it is definitely common for people you don't

know to give you a compliment, make small talk in the grocery store,

make small talk in general.

One example for this that Mr. German Man always likes to give is that when we went to Yellowstone

National Park a few years ago, there was this cute little chirping squirrel in the bushes

that Stefan and I went over to check out.

And then another woman also came over to check out the same squirrel and somehow the three

of us started chatting.

First about the squirrel, then about the fact that Stefan and I lived in Germany, and before

we knew it, she was telling us about her kids, and sharing stories with us, and showing us

photos of her son who, if I remember correctly, was studying in Europe.

And an example for this that I like to share is the first time that Mr. German Man came

back with me to the U.S., we drove on a highway with my parents, and we had to stop to pay a toll.

We pulled up to the toll attendant and he was smiling at us, he greeted us really warmly

and asked us how we were doing, made quick little small talk as we paid, and then my mom, who

was driving, said goodbye to him using his first name.

Mr. German Man was stunned.

He was like, who was that? Did you know him? Who was that guy? No. We didn't know him.

My mom just read his name off of his name tag, and the rest of it was just kind of

normal friendliness.

Yeah, Mr. German Man was pretty shocked.

So my question for you is: What do you think of these items, do you agree, disagree?

And what, if anything, do you think the USA does better than other countries?

Please let me know in the comments below.

Thanks so much for watching.

I really hope that you enjoyed this video.

Be sure to keep an eye out for the video on things that I think Germany does better than the U.S.

And a really big thank you so much to our patrons on Patreon

who help make these videos possible! Thank you so much for your support.

If you would like to check out our Patreon page, you can find a link to that down in

the description box below.

Until next time, auf Wiedersehen!

Yay! Okay!

Make small talk with you in the grocery...

But then there's also the national...what?

Good? Did that make sense? Somewhat? Okay.

Action. Action. Let's go. I'm ready.

For more infomation >> 5 Things USA Does Better Than Germany - Duration: 8:29.

-------------------------------------------

Cheaters Never Prosper | Season 1 Episode 11 | 4k - Duration: 0:41.

Duel Me or Ill Shoot You

Sure Im up for a duel why not?

Cheaters Never Prosper!

{Gun Shot}

THIS IS SPARTAN!!!!

RAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

{Multiple Gun Shots}

Skeleton realizing he is not lonely

For more infomation >> Cheaters Never Prosper | Season 1 Episode 11 | 4k - Duration: 0:41.

-------------------------------------------

Look Maryam Nawaz with out make up in London مریم نواز کو میک اپ کے بغیر دیکھیں - Duration: 2:33.

Please Subscribe my channel for more videos

For more infomation >> Look Maryam Nawaz with out make up in London مریم نواز کو میک اپ کے بغیر دیکھیں - Duration: 2:33.

-------------------------------------------

PaniPani (파니파니, JP) 플레이영상 모바일 RPG 게임 - Duration: 5:16.

For more infomation >> PaniPani (파니파니, JP) 플레이영상 모바일 RPG 게임 - Duration: 5:16.

-------------------------------------------

청춘시대2 11회-박은빈 향했던 분홍 편지, 효진이와 무슨 일이 있었나?|NVM TV - Duration: 15:29.

For more infomation >> 청춘시대2 11회-박은빈 향했던 분홍 편지, 효진이와 무슨 일이 있었나?|NVM TV - Duration: 15:29.

-------------------------------------------

ఏ తేదీలలో పుటిన వారు ఏ యంత్రం ధరిస్తే అదృష్టం | Yantram | Numerology Yantra | Numerology Telugu | - Duration: 2:01.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE LIKE SHARE

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét