Chủ Nhật, 27 tháng 5, 2018

Youtube daily May 27 2018

Yay!

Hey everyone! I'm Dana and you're watching Wanted Adventure Living Abroad.

I've talked about it in a couple videos now: in many situations it seems like

Americans can in general often be somewhat more outwardly expressive about their excitement

than Germans.

Americans, for example, often say things like: great, amazing, awesome.

While Germans often go with things like: good, nice and fine.

But I have noticed one situation in which many Germans can be much more expressive of

their joy and celebration than Americans.

Flying. Flying? Yes, flying. Or rather...okay, more like landing in particular.

Okay, let me set the scene for you. Everyone boards the plane. The plane takes off.

The plane flies through the sky. And then the plane lands in the destination city.

And after that, everyone gets off the plane and goes on their merry little way. Right?

Ehhh, wait a second.

For some Germans there's actually an extra step in there. Clapping.

You heard me right. Clapping. But not always.

The first kind of big vacation that Stefan and I went on together was to the Canary Islands.

We flew there from Munich, and Stefan had booked the vacation through a German website,

so on that direct flight from Munich to the La Palma Airport it pretty much seemed to

me like it was me and all the rest Germans.

The plane touched down at the La Palma Airport, which was when my ears were greeted with a

sound that I had not in the least been expecting.

Cheerful clapping of glee and happiness.

And not just like one or two people clapping, or a couple of kids on their very first flight clapping.

It seemed to me like the entire plane, that everyone on there had suddenly together started

clapping. I was like, did everyone plan this?

How did everybody know that everyone was going to start clapping? Why are people clapping?

I was confused back then.

But from my experience of now living in Germany for around 8 years and having traveled to

different locations from different locations, I think I may have cracked the clapping code,

but I would love to hear from you down in the comments, do I have it right?

Clapping, I believe, is not just about the plane landing, but rather about where the

plane is landing.

The destination location is very important to this.

Clapping, I noticed, usually happens on flights that are going to what are considered

"vacation destinations."

Thus on our flight from Munich to the Canary Islands, the travelers clapped.

But, for example, when I flew from Berlin to Munich, there was no clapping.

And I also do not think that it's only Germans who have a tendency to clap, either.

When Stefan and I flew from Zurich, Switzerland to Miami, Florida last November a large section

of the plane clapped upon landing in Miami.

Okay, I suppose those people could have also been German.

I did not get up and ask them if they were Swiss or German or what, but we had flown

out of Switzerland, so I just kind of guessed that they were probably Swiss.

Following my first rule, about vacation destination, I thought it was very interesting because

I realized that must mean that the clappers considered Florida to be a "vacation destination."

Which of course it is.

It is definitely a vacation destination for people living in the U.S. as well as internationally,

but I think I'd just kind of forgotten about that because I had spent so many years living

in Florida.

I had forgotten that it was a "typical vacation place" because in my mind it was simply

where I'd grown up.

But then as I mentioned in this video here, we spent 6 days, around 6 six days in Florida,

and for us it was definitely a vacation. It definitely felt like such a vacation.

So my question for you is: did I get the clapping rule right?

Have you ever clapped when a plane lands or have you ever been on a plane when other people

have clapped upon landing?

Please let me know in the comments below. Thanks so much for watching.

If you enjoyed this video, please think about giving a like with the like button.

And don't forget to subscribe for more Wanted Adventure videos.

And as of putting this video out, it is still Spargelzeit, and we have a Spargelzeit T-shirt available.

I will put the design here. That's what it looks like.

I will put a link to that down in the description box below if you'd like to check it out.

And also a really, really, really big thank you so much to our patrons on Patreon, who

help make these videos possible. Thank you so much for your support.

If you would like to check out our Patreon page, you can find a link to that down in

the description box below.

Until next time, auf Wiedersehen!

I have done now a couple videos.

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap...

Mr. German Man wants everyone to know for the record that he did not clap on that flight.

It has been said. He did not clap.

For more infomation >> Why Do GERMANS CLAP ON AIRPLANES? - Duration: 6:09.

-------------------------------------------

Avocado Crostini | theclub.ch | Rezept #165 - Duration: 4:49.

For more infomation >> Avocado Crostini | theclub.ch | Rezept #165 - Duration: 4:49.

-------------------------------------------

한비야 실체: 허언증, 거짓말, 사기 논란 - Duration: 4:03.

For more infomation >> 한비야 실체: 허언증, 거짓말, 사기 논란 - Duration: 4:03.

-------------------------------------------

Salvini: "Se salta il governo la frattura è con italiani. Noi basta passi indietro, ne abbiamo già f - Duration: 4:05.

ROMA – "Un rischio di frattura con il Quirinale? L'unico rischio che vedo è un'ulteriore frattura tra i palazzi del potere e gli italiani

Se qualcuno rallentasse ancora questo processo di cambiamento facendo saltare 15 giorni di lavoro e sacrificio, sarei ancora arrabbiato"

Lo ha detto il segretario della Lega, Matteo Salvini, [blitz clicca qui – Oggi, App on Google Play] parlando con i giornalisti al termine di una riunione informale coi vertici del partito in via Bellerio sulla formazione del governo Conte

E Di Maio rincara: "O si chiude entro 24 ore o lasciamo perdere. Nel contratto di governo c'è anche l'Europa"

Per il governo Conte, "io ho detto o si parte o per noi basta. Mi rifiuto di andare avanti ancora a trattare per settimane

I mutui non aspettano, la benzina non aspetta, gli sbarchi nemmeno. Sicuramente non sono nato per tirare a campare", ha detto Salvini

"Passi indietro la Lega ne ha già fatti abbastanza: abbiamo già fatto tutto quello che potevamo fare", ha risposto Salvini a chi gli chiedeva se intende fare passi indietro sulla lista dei ministri

"Sabato sera il presidente del consiglio incaricato ha i nomi della Lega che sono pronti a fare i ministri e lavorare per il bene dell'Italia: non ne faccio una questione di nomi e cognomi ma di rispetto del voto degli italiani", ha proseguito il segretario leghista al termine della riunione in via Bellerio

La formazione del governo guidato da Giuseppe Conte continua ad arenarsi contro il nome di Paolo Savona

Nell'incontro al Quirinale, venerdì Sergio Mattarella ha ribadito le perplessità sul professore noto per le sue critiche all'euro

Ma il forcing di M5S e Lega non si ferma. Anzi. Dopo il post su Facebook in cui si è definito "davvero arrabbiato" (ottenendo il like di Di Maio), oggi nuova bordata da Salvini: "Mai al Tesoro un amico di Berlino"

Il leader leghista, da ieri a Milano, ha convocato i vertici del partito per ribadire la sua volontà di non cedere sul nome di Savona

Ed è pronto a ingaggiare un duro scontro con il Quirinale. Nel frattempo Conte, a Montecitorio da stamattina insieme ad alcuni collaboratori, ha incontrato Luca Giansanti, ambasciatore ed ex direttore generale degli Affari politici della Farnesina, da cui si è dimesso dal primo giugno

Sarebbe lui, più di Giampiero Massolo, in corsa per la carica di ministro degli Esteri

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét