Thứ Năm, 31 tháng 1, 2019

Youtube daily Jan 31 2019

hey everybody I'm Remington welcome to Dollar Tree DIY so to create this

beautiful floating gem candle holder I grab two packs of napkin rings then I

started to lay out my design I glued four rings together first and

when doing this part make sure the glue is not visible from the sides

once the first part was dry I moved to the next section as you can see right

here I'm adding more glue as needed I placed two more rings on top and that

completes this part right now the candle holder is about seven and a half inches

tall so if you want it taller add more rings but keep in mind that if it's too

tall it will topple over without proper support maybe you can put popsicle

sticks in the backside or something like that next remove the mirror from this

set then trace it out on cardboard or foam board and cut it out I made two but

it really depends on how thick you want your base glue them together like this

and then glue the mirror on top

to decorate the sides I have some options here from Dollar Tree I have the

diamond wrap and the mirrored mosaic towns it's a perfect fit too but for my

craft stash I have this gorgeous rhinestone trim I bought from Amazon you

can check out the description box for all the materials and some helpful tips

so as you can see I cut the trim to size and eventually glued it in place next I

removed the plastic part from this pencil pouch I'm using it as faux glass

and you'll see what I'm talking about in just a few add a small circle of glue to

each ring and firmly press down I know I'm cutting here but I would wait until

the end glue the plastic down first and do all the trimming after

for this part a pair of small scissors would make this really easy but I don't

have any so I used my scissors at first and then I tried my x-acto and

that worked well but once I was done I had to trim again with the scissors

because the edges looked really rough and this is what it looks like and right

here I'm trimming those rough edges next I glued one acrylic gem in the center of

each ring just like this gorgeous right

and from this set I use the bottom part of a wineglass right side down I place

it at the top just like this and for an even fit I use

the hot glue nozzle to taper the sides after a few minutes the sides were gone

and it was a perfect fit then I just glued it in place

for the last step attached the base once you glue that oranges add your candle if

you want to see how I made this I'll show you really quick

I cut the same rhinestone trim to size and glued it to the Dollar Tree LED

candle this candle does have a wax like finish so you have to move fast because

the glue will slide off right above that I placed this beautiful decorative trim

that I bought from Amazon and again all the materials will be in the description

so I quickly moved in sections around the candle until I reached the beginning

this candle costs about 4 to 6 dollars to make which is really good because I

couldn't find any decorative candles like this in store

subscribe did you guys like that little insert let me know in the comments I'll

take it out if you don't like it

you

to create this vanity or wall mirror I started with a piece of cardboard in the

mirror from this 8 by 10 frame to create the new frame I measured one and a half

inches from the bottom but this part depends on how big you want the finished

product to be this one was about 13 and 3/4 tall by eleven and a half inches

wide next I tried to Center the mirror and create two equal sides I ended up

measuring a little under two inches for both sides and for the top I measured

the same distance as the bottom and I measured and trim some foil to cover the

frame this step is optional but I slightly crinkled the for you I really

like doing this because it adds a bit of texture and honestly you only need to

crinkle the sides but during the whole thing was easier for me

trim the cardboard to size and start gluing down the foyer I think at this

point I realized that I'm covering my dimensions so if you do this blue on the

opposite side

next I place the mirror for fittings and did some quick measurements to get

myself back on track I added glue to the center and place the mirror on top on

each side i layered the for you with adhesive Diamond wrap leaving three rows

of hang over and as you can see I didn't place any in the corners now to remove

the frayed edges I peeled back the paper and quickly passed it through a lighter

I added glue for extra support and place the diamond wrap on top I continued this

for all four sides and right here you can see how I glued the overhang to the

backside for the corners I created one row strips and glue them down I know I'm

showing you two here but it's not necessary one is enough

next using mirrored mosaic tiles create 12 3x3 diamonds just like this then lay

out your design for the sides I measured from the top and bottom to

create equal spaces and before gluing I use scrap paper as a marker

I removed the paper backing added glue and placed it down I repeated the same

steps for the middle and top one and I moved to the other sides since the front

is still flat I decided to add the hanging and hardware slightly pull back

on the unfolded paper clip add a generous amount of glue and place the

cardboard on top the next part I gave myself two options glue large gems in

the center of each diamond and place cluster gems in the corner like this or

use the acrylic gems after laying them both out this one was my favorite so I

placed one gem on each diamond and in the corners I added nine acrylic gems

I did add more glue in the gaps as needed

I just love the way this looks and to finish it off

I added larger gem and smaller ones in between

oh and this is a wax tool I bought a pack of six from Amazon I don't think

I'll ever use all six but you can always find all the materials I use in the

description box tell us which one was your favorite

wanna see more subscribe thumbs up this video share it with a friend and we'll

see you in the next one bye guys

For more infomation >> DOLLAR TREE DIY! FLOATING GEM CANDLE HOLDER + VANITY MIRROR! JANUARY 31 2019 - Duration: 10:47.

-------------------------------------------

Louis XIV - Le Roi Soleil - Duration: 2:47.

A September day not quite like any other

a Sunday, the day of the sun

saw the eagerly awaited birth of Louis XIV

after 23 years of childless marriage between Louis XIII and Anne of Austria.

He donned the king's costume only 4 and a half years later upon his father's death

then survived 3 deadly diseases before the age of 20

reinforcing the myth that he was a king blessed by the gods.

A real force of nature

with no fear of cold, heat, rain or hail

he said on his death-bed, "Why are you crying?

Did you think I was immortal?"

A lover of the open air, energetic horse-rides and the countryside

he found in his father's former hunting-lodge in Versailles

the ideal setting to build his reign far from Paris

and memories of the Fronde.

At 44, he at last settled in a palace still under construction

and which would remain under construction until his death.

Married for reasons of state, and a womanizer

Louis and his favourites, whom he lodged in luxury in his residences,

were tolerated by the church.

He had 6 legitimate children

and about fifteen natural ones.

Sensitive to the arts and an astute politician

he assembled around him the best artists, who returned the favour

by praising him

representing him as Apollo, for example, in his Sun chariot

a pagan reference, of course, but well understood by all the European elite

and that is what counted.

Louis XIV took his incarnation of French monarchy to extremes

« We owe ourselves entirely to the public » he said.

His rising from bed, his meals, shows, hunting, mass, and his return to bed

verything was done in the Court's presence, and in this way held it in his hands.

Après 72 ans de règne

After a 72-year reign, the longest in French history, the King lay dying

He declared to the Court : « I am going, but the State will always remain. ».

He died a few days later

leaving his young heir Louis XV to take over.

Carried out 10 years before his death

thanks to a plaster cast taken of his face

this realistic wax statue

is a long way from the mythical image of the king

It is a moving representation of a man marked by the ageing process.

To his heir, Louis XV, he left a debt of 600 million livres

France was thus on the edge of bankruptcy

but also more powerful than ever.

The reign of Louis XIV made such an impression on France

that his legacy is still clearly visible today 3 centuries after his death

the centralisation of power, the country's frontiers

the luxury goods industry, the development of the arts and sciences

and of course, a showcase palace of the French way of life, Versailles.

For more infomation >> Louis XIV - Le Roi Soleil - Duration: 2:47.

-------------------------------------------

1st T20 Pak vs SA|Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shadab Khan & Captaincy of Shoaib Malik vs Sarfraz - Duration: 4:05.

For more infomation >> 1st T20 Pak vs SA|Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shadab Khan & Captaincy of Shoaib Malik vs Sarfraz - Duration: 4:05.

-------------------------------------------

Elbphilharmonie | Gabriel Prokofiev – Komponist und Electronic Artist - Duration: 3:27.

My name is Gabriel Prokofiev and I'm a composer.

It's my first time in Hamburg and my first time in Elbphilharmonie.

I would say, most of the time I'm a classical composer

– a contemporary classical composer. When we move over to the remixes

the style changes a bit. I would call it kind of a non-classical style,

which is that it's classical but it's really non-traditional

My role becomes more like DJ-electronic artist – less composer.

It's slightly different. We have two genres tonight: The contemporary classical

and then this sort of hybrid non-classical sound.

I think as an ensemble we are definitely getting more

into this way of working. It's fun – for sure.

When I started the non-classical label, we also started these non-classical club nights.

Tonight is going to be different. I'm presenting

stuff that normally I might have played in a club. It's more like a showcase as a concert format.

I don't have a problem with that – that's great as well.

It's a chance for people to just focus on it.

Ultimately, it is about having a good connection with the audience

and the public and whether it is in a club or it's a concert – both formats are really important.

In a way it's a portrait concert. It's kind of an introduction to my music

and of a decade of my life when I went back to classical music and

committed myself to become a composer. It was really exciting for me to get back into

composing classical music but also my perspective had changed.

The four of us from the »Ensemble Resonanz« are playing a string quartet of his

and then we're going to do a live remix of that same quartet.

It demands presence. I guess that's the challenge to just always be so present.

That's the exciting part because when you put it together in different

sorts of modules and then working with different repetitions then you have to be

present all the time. That's the fun part.

Then we have the »Concerto for Turntables« from Mr Switch and then finally

we end with the »Cello Multitracks«. The first section is completely acoustic

except that there are nine cellos but eight of them aren't real cellos – it's just eight loud speakers

with one living cellist. This is quite an interesting kind of sonic effect, it's quite unusual.

And then again we play live remixes. There are some really nice remixes in there.

It gets quite beaty and quite tough sounding, so you get real contrasts sonically.

For more infomation >> Elbphilharmonie | Gabriel Prokofiev – Komponist und Electronic Artist - Duration: 3:27.

-------------------------------------------

The Lesson of iQiYi Stock's Dramatic Drop Isn't What You'd Expect - Duration: 4:26.

David Gardner: My biggest loser of the last three years No. 3.

This one, I have to say, the ticker symbol is fairly ironic, because the ticker symbol is IQ.

You'd think, if I had a higher IQ, I never would have picked IQ when I did, but thereby hangs a tale.

Let's talk a little bit about iQiyi, which is sometimes called the "Netflix of China,"

probably a phrase that we used in our buy report that we put out June of this past year.

That's right, my biggest loser No. 3 I only picked about seven months ago.

The stock was at $40.51.

IQ now has touched down from $40.51 down to $16.75, and that's down 59% since June 14th just this past year.

Of all six of these companies, iQiyi, IQ, is the largest still standing.

This company still has a market cap of $12 billion.

And in many ways, it's a successful and impressive company.

It's had a poor stock market run in the last seven months.

But then again, so has all of China.

Chinese markets, I think, were down around 25% for the year of 2018.

We had a little bit of a disappointing year in the U.S., we were down single digits.

China lost a quarter of its value for its stock market in 2018.

So, it's not surprising that more volatile, higher-priced kinds of companies, with higher

multiples like iQiyi, would get especially badly hurt, and indeed it had.

So, what's the lesson that I have for you for No. 3 here?

I'm going to say this: adding to winners works more often than you think.

I said thereby hangs a tale. Let me now briefly tell the tale I'm referring to.

When I picked iQiyi in June of 2018, I'd actually picked it two months before that.

The June 2018 was a re-recommendation of iQiyi. I first picked it in April of last year at $18.

It had risen from $18 to $40 in just two months.

It's there, from that position at $40.51 down to $16.75 that we find ourselves today.

But the truth is, from the very first position, I picked it at $18, and today it's right around $17,

so it's down, but not that badly.

What I did, if you heard me right there, the stock more than doubled in just two months

and I re-recommended it again.

And while now, I look back with some regret, I'm here to say that that strategy is something

that I regularly do, and I'm not dissuaded by this example from doing it again.

In fact, let me just look at Motley Fool Stock Advisor over the last three years right now.

I'm going to give you four companies. Texas Roadhouse, Illumina, Match Group, and Okta.

All four of those companies, Texas Roadhouse, Illumina, Match Group and Okta, all four were

re-recommended within the last three years.

And each of those four respectively is up 95%, 99%, 193% -- thank you, Match Group -- and 68%.

And those are all bigger winners, for the most part, than any of the losers

that I'm telling you about today.

So, the very strategy by which iQiyi appears as my third biggest loser of the last three years,

which in fact, it has been, from that June position, that very strategy has also led

to many of my biggest winners.

I haven't even talked about Shopify, which I'll mention a little bit later this podcast.

Those are just four companies from Stock Advisor alone.

So, lesson No. 3, ironic in the face of a dog stock pick, which is what iQiyi was now

in retrospect in June of last year.

Ironically, the lesson here is adding to winner works more often than you think.

I don't think we should be dissuaded by a result like this to think we shouldn't do that.

I'm going to keep doing it, even when it sometimes hurts.

For more infomation >> The Lesson of iQiYi Stock's Dramatic Drop Isn't What You'd Expect - Duration: 4:26.

-------------------------------------------

FBI Investigating Underground Tunnel Leading To Bank In Florida | TODAY - Duration: 2:33.

For more infomation >> FBI Investigating Underground Tunnel Leading To Bank In Florida | TODAY - Duration: 2:33.

-------------------------------------------

Jussie Smollett Attack: Surveillance Video Shows 'Persons Of Interest' | TODAY - Duration: 2:26.

For more infomation >> Jussie Smollett Attack: Surveillance Video Shows 'Persons Of Interest' | TODAY - Duration: 2:26.

-------------------------------------------

Bau Cua Bip Lắc Bầu Cua Cách Đánh Bầu Cua Chơi Cờ Bạc Bịp 2019 - Duration: 13:35.

For more infomation >> Bau Cua Bip Lắc Bầu Cua Cách Đánh Bầu Cua Chơi Cờ Bạc Bịp 2019 - Duration: 13:35.

-------------------------------------------

Children's Cavities | How to Keep Your Kid's Teeth Healthy - Duration: 1:53.

Why do we fix cavities in baby teeth when they're gonna fall out?

That is a very common question that I get.

The thing that I think parents don't realize is that kids tend to lose their front 8 teeth

between the ages of 6 to about 8, and then there's this 2-year span where nothing happens.

So parents often think, Oh those teeth are all gone, all baby teeth are gone.

And then when 10 hits, all of a sudden those last 12 baby teeth start coming out.

So if your child is diagnosed with a cavity when they're, say, 7 years old, they still

have baby teeth in the back that are supposed to last them until they're 11 or 12.

So how we go about treating those cavities when they're diagnosed is, one thing we can

offer is nitrous oxide, or laughing gas.

Nitrous oxide what it does is it raises that pain threshold, so kids usually are able to

tolerate just a little bit more, so that we can get everything fixed.

So that may be something you want to ask your dentist when a cavity is brought up.

Another option is just something called Tell, Show, Do.

So that's when a dentist takes the time and shows them every single thing that we're gonna

do before it's performed.

Another option that is offered by many pediatric dentists in the St. Louis area is something

called general anesthesia.

It's often not proposed unless there is a lot of dental work needed.

And sometimes we do this if we just don't think the child can psychologically handle

4 visits to the dentist.

There comes a point where it just comes to be too much and we do our best to make sure

that the dentist and child relationship remains positive for the rest of their life.

Getting a cavity filled doesn't have to be a scary experience.

The best thing you can do yourself is, take a deep breath and rely on the dentist that

you've chosen for your child to make sure that it's a comfortable experience.

For more infomation >> Children's Cavities | How to Keep Your Kid's Teeth Healthy - Duration: 1:53.

-------------------------------------------

Descubre cómo decirle a tus padres que eres homosexual | Un Nuevo Día | Telemundo - Duration: 8:47.

For more infomation >> Descubre cómo decirle a tus padres que eres homosexual | Un Nuevo Día | Telemundo - Duration: 8:47.

-------------------------------------------

How Qualcomm Works, and Why U.S. Regulators Don't Like it - Duration: 8:10.

Dylan Lewis: There's been plenty of news ahead of this earnings release, and that's we're

going to be spending a lot of our time talking about today.

Evan Niu: Yeah, they've been at trial all month with the FTC.

It's a pretty big trial, a lot of interesting information coming out.

A lot of salacious headlines.

Lewis: Before we get into that news, this is a company that we've discussed plenty on the show.

But typically when we've done it, we've talked about it because they're an Apple supplier.

Almost all those conversations have funneled up into a larger conversation about Apple.

Today, we're going to focus specifically on Qualcomm.

There's a lot going on with this company and I think that the state of this business could

really change in the next year or so depending on how some upcoming decisions go.

Before we do all that, though, why don't we do a little rundown on who they are, what they do?

I'm sure there's some people that maybe know the name and not much else, Evan.

Niu: As a quick primer, Qualcomm has been one of the big pioneers of cellular technology.

They develop all these connectivity solutions. For example, 3G was a big one for them for CDMA.

But also, 4G LTE, and all these cellular standards, they had a big part in developing the technology.

They license those patents out.

They also sell chips, predominantly modems that help these cell phones connect to cellular networks.

Just about every cell phone in the world has some level of Qualcomm technology inside,

in which case they earn a royalty on it.

So, they have a very unique business model that gives them incredible power in the cellular industry.

They have a very controversial policy called "no license, no chips" that has only strengthened their market power.

They basically would not sell you chips unless you agreed to a licensing agreement,

which typically had really onerous terms, really high royalty rates.

They have all this necessary intellectual property known as standard-essential patents,

and they also make the best modems.

So, if you're a smartphone maker, you don't have much of a choice other than to do business

with both sides of this company.

If you have standard-essential patents, you're obligated to license them out at fair,

reasonable and non-discriminatory terms, but they're not doing that.

And that's at the heart of a lot of these legal challenges.

They also charge royalties that are based on a percentage of the smartphone's total price.

They're not the only one that does that, but that's another controversial aspect of this business.

Lewis: You threw out a couple of different terms there that I think we'll probably loop

back to at different points in the show.

I just want to explain those acronyms quick that we'll be using later.

Standard-essential patents, like you said, this is IP that's related to a standard that has been set.

This is the stuff that Qualcomm holds and winds up licensing out to other companies.

The fair and reasonable and also non-discriminatory is also known as FRAND.

You might hear us refer to it that way.

Basically, if you have a technology that is adopted as the "standard for an industry,"

you need to make it available to people that participate in that industry because the standard

has to apply at a somewhat reasonable price for all the players that are participating.

Niu: Right. The idea is, you don't want one company to be able to have a lock hold on the entire industry.

If they need your intellectual property and you refuse to license it, you could bring

the entire industry to a halt.

Lewis: Without this type of dynamic, there wouldn't be much of an incentive for a standard

to be set at all, because by doing that, you'd be creating these de facto monopolies.

Niu: Right. There's also a lot of debate over how essential these patents are to these standards.

It's kind of a self-proclaiming thing.

Qualcomm says these are necessary, but there's not an actual body that agrees and validates

that these are, indeed, necessary. That's a whole other debate.

We don't have time for that. [laughs] Lewis: That's all to say, though, the reason

we're having this conversation is because Qualcomm's business approach and everything

that they provide to the smartphone industry

has become so indispensable for so many of these businesses.

This business model, though, has caused the company to come under a lot of scrutiny lately

because of the standard-essential patent FRAND dynamic in particular.

Niu: Right. Regulators all around the world have been filing complaints and lawsuits against Qualcomm

for over a decade.

I think it starts back in 2007 or somewhere around that time frame in the European Union.

In the years since, Japan, China, South Korea, now the U.S. China hit Qualcomm with

a $1 billion fine in 2015. South Korea did $850 million in 2016.

Those are the precursors to the current battles that Qualcomm is having with Apple and the

U.S. Federal Trade Commission.

Both of those complaints were filed simultaneously but separately two years ago in January 2017.

This stuff's been going on for a long time. Apple was always a major customer.

It's not every day that you hear of an Apple supplier that can bring Apple to its knees,

which is exactly what Qualcomm did for many years.

Typically, the power dynamic is the opposite.

Apple has all the power, usually, with most of its supplier relationships.

But, because it has no choice but to work with Qualcomm and pay these royalties that

it's now called "extortion-level and exorbitant," and out of desperation for royalty relief,

they've agreed to all these terms and contracts with Qualcomm, including exclusivity with

buying only modems from them for a period of time in exchange for rebates that reduced

how much they had to pay overall. It's been a big mess.

Lewis: Listeners might remember, in a past episode when we were talking about some recent

Apple woes, that they had sales of certain iPhones blocked in certain markets in Europe.

That's all related to this dispute that we're talking about here.

The scope for Qualcomm, though, could really get quite a bit larger.

What we're seeing with Apple is what we're seeing, really, with their entire distribution relationship,

and all of the people that they supply to, because it is a core business model discussion.

It's not just the relationship with one supplier.

Niu: Right. As far as the FTC trial is concerned, which is what's been playing all month,

the FTC has presented a really strong case that

Qualcomm's behavior has really undermined competition

in the cellular industry and modem markets.

The whole point is to prove that they hurt competition and hurt markets and therefore consumers.

Of course, Qualcomm has its experts testify that they did not hurt competition.

That's what's up in the air.

The case is set to conclude next week, but then, of course, the judge will probably take

some time to really put together a decision. There's a lot going on.

The FTC basically wants Qualcomm to license its technology at reasonable rates,

which could have drastic impacts on its business, as well as to drop this whole

"no license, no chips" policy that's been so controversial.

Lewis: To give a sense of how this plays out with the supplier relationships they have,

we got some testimony from Apple COO Jeff Williams in this case.

He's saying that Apple pays about $7.50 per device after rebates, which is about 5X the

$1.50 per device that the company initially thought was a fair rate for the components

that they were getting.

You can imagine that not only is that something that Apple feels, but industry-wide, if everyone's

paying that, that's something that probably gets passed along to consumers at some point.

Niu: Right. If you apply it to Apple unit volumes, if you look at how many iPhones they're selling

on annual basis and apply that $7.50, in 2011, that means they were paying somewhere about

$465 million a year to Qualcomm.

But, as Apple's business grew and iPhone units grew, that climbed to about $1.1 billion in 2015 and 2016.

It's also worth noting that Williams said in 2013, when the two companies were trying

to renegotiate a contract, Qualcomm wanted to add another $8 to $10 per device on top of that $7.50,

which would more than double its royalties.

That's an extra $1 billion a year, when Apple already felt it was overpaying.

So, you can see, Apple's not very happy about this whole situation.

For more infomation >> How Qualcomm Works, and Why U.S. Regulators Don't Like it - Duration: 8:10.

-------------------------------------------

¿Cómo asumir abiertamente tus preferencias sexuales? | Un Nuevo Día | Telemundo - Duration: 11:14.

For more infomation >> ¿Cómo asumir abiertamente tus preferencias sexuales? | Un Nuevo Día | Telemundo - Duration: 11:14.

-------------------------------------------

El Hará lo Imposible -Grupo Yagox #elharaloimposible - Duration: 3:51.

For more infomation >> El Hará lo Imposible -Grupo Yagox #elharaloimposible - Duration: 3:51.

-------------------------------------------

Old Lock Vs Sutli -New Lock vs Sutli - Duration: 3:06.

hello on the run he exuded telephone for the governors from Cybertron is comin in

terrible disarray what can't a mile a key i partially get I'd like to let you

know how many days I have on soap on the waters as one would say active abstract

away video garage testing overnight it happened then put everybody

come on the wall I want a visual to power like now I will show you don't

take the like / subscribe / they won't comment will Donovan Peter Holmes

private video Charlie Palmer down just terrible

I wonder what are some easy throughout

only one fatality in Australia say fatalities follow us directly old fella

the news a lot Anabella but it in our face

so going on I might be up to the holidays with the overjoyed you know

Dixie like them comment Burton Peter home video time ourself a step possible

gonna ask a vote on a pilot

For more infomation >> Old Lock Vs Sutli -New Lock vs Sutli - Duration: 3:06.

-------------------------------------------

Огромная видеокарта с экранчиком (MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z) - Duration: 5:19.

For more infomation >> Огромная видеокарта с экранчиком (MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z) - Duration: 5:19.

-------------------------------------------

Best SEO Agency | Follow Us On Twitter - Duration: 0:31.

Best SEO Agency

Follow Us On Twitter

763-445-9327

Or Visit 7TrillionVideos.com

For more infomation >> Best SEO Agency | Follow Us On Twitter - Duration: 0:31.

-------------------------------------------

Dean Spillane-Walker: The Core Story Of A Dead-End Culture - Duration: 8:35.

DEAN SPILLANE-WALKER: So what is the narrative?

That we are that is so obviously.

suicidal ecocidal

And collapsing what is it?

and the

Relatively simple answer that I've come up with is that we may have come up we may have come to America or come to the

American dream or the business as usual human operating system with some sort of family narrative if we were lucky and

maybe a cultural narrative from where we grew up with our lineages but I say that in order to work it out in

America, which represents the pinnacle of the business-as-usual paradigm that we really had no choice but to adopt the

corporate charter.

as our core narrative

And the corporate charter has but one

legal responsibility it by law that they the

folks that run that corporation

Their job is to provide profit for their shareholders.

period

And there cannot be there cannot be that's not legally possible

for them to have any sort of predominant attention on their impact on communities or on nature or

ecosystem they just cannot do it.

thats

what we've got in our

Running through our bloodstream on an individual level

As well as a collective level.

So built into that is all the stuff that Mike [Sliwa]

talks about so beautifully in his book on privilege.

And so many of the other folks if you want to go to interview.

It's all built in there. So it what helps me with that is it's not some vague thing about so we're talking about some

narrative or some score story, but

Very few people talk about so what is that

core story

It helps me a lot to have that rather simplistic.

possible interpretation

set up a cornerstone for the conversation the other cornerstone I'd like to mention and in the hand it back to you to see

if it sparks you at all is that

really the promise of

this business as usual paradigm

is that if you want to

reap any of the benefits

of the business-as-usual paradigm, which is obviously the fossil-fuel extravaganza that

that's causing it all

that

the the one ground rule at the center of it is you've got a disconnect.

from the primary sources of meaning in human life

I don't know if that conveyed to you in

The Impossible

conversation but I am really deepening that distinction in this book and workbook where

it appears to me that in order to be functional.

as a part of

the corporate charter as core narrative

I've got to literally cut off

my inner sensitivities to

my Deeper Self

to intimate relationship with other people of any kind

And then also with Earth.

some would add a fourth one of soul.

But you get the idea.

I'm asserting that that is are that the corporate charter or some variation of it is

the core narrative that we all

adopted

and the ground rule to be able to

To enjoy some of the perks.

of our world

Is to cut off.

disconnect from those core

sources of meaning in life

the last Cornerstone and then I'm going to

see what you think is a

that disconnection

leaves us

with immense blind spots

in every dimension of our life

so while we're

you know celebrating being such a geniuses and we've created such amazing things and human extravaganza.

I would assert that we are.

Not nearly as present.

As we think we are in each of those dimensions.

We basically have no relationship no formidable relationship with our deepest selves.

with each other and with the Earth

with those huge blind spots the

What?

fills in that hole

is addiction

I was just listening to this gorgeous podcast the other day from.

Gabor Mate was talking about he's a remarkable expert in the field of addiction.

It's like he was just reading straight out of the the next chapters of my book. It was just phenomenal I so.

appreciate his is take on what has addicts be addicts.

what I'm asserting is

the business-as-usual paradigm

Is an addict.

All of us immersed in it are addicts.

So let me stop and just see if that's sparks.

LBW: Yeah no I think what you address this is really poignant it's really

important to understand those levels at you.

you talk about because

There's a lot of things that come to mind. There is there is one actually I just read this be another thing. I've I was

looking at today. There's a article that I read.

It was shared by your guy I featured on the podcast previously name is David O'Hara and he's a really amazing writer

and and you just as early as he's at he teaches philosophy and Classics at Augustana University. But anyway, this is

article he shared it's it's called can we live in a world without a Sabbath rethinking the human in the anthropocene

Really quite a fascinating take on the creation story in the Bible and the role that the Sabbath has played in.

For lack of a Sabbath I guess this this.

This day has been set apart every week in order for people to rest and let the land rest as well. Let the let the beasts

of the you know that are

Providing so much for the human beings let them rest on that day as well and it's like also the seventh year every seventh

year there's like a another kind of year-long almost version of that and then they have their Jubilee which of course is

like a

Almost like a absolving all debts and things like that. So but there was this one section of this that I really liked.

And it was actually a quote from someone named deep Dipesh Chakrabarty

and it was the mansion of modern freedom stands on an ever-expanding base of fossil fuel use.

Yeah, you don't think about that. We think about this this this privileged that we have this notion that well everybody

our idea of freedom

Being a free Society is our ability to exploit the land to exploit the so-called resources and you know, you talked about

the sloppiness of our language.

What better way to kind of detaches us from

The reality of what we're doing by calling.

a tar sand operation in Canada, which requires the absolute destruction of the Boreal forest toxification of the soil in the

land in the living beings of that land in order for us to continue this addiction that you talked about in that third

Cornerstone that we call that development we called that extraction. We call that all of these things energy production,

right? There's all of these words to obscure.

the very thing that were actually doing and it's all in economic terms

For more infomation >> Dean Spillane-Walker: The Core Story Of A Dead-End Culture - Duration: 8:35.

-------------------------------------------

Kate del Castillo reconoció que tiene ganas de estar enamorada | Un Nuevo Día | Telemundo - Duration: 3:00.

For more infomation >> Kate del Castillo reconoció que tiene ganas de estar enamorada | Un Nuevo Día | Telemundo - Duration: 3:00.

-------------------------------------------

Abel Flores del #TeamGuzmán busca triunfar en "La Voz" | Un Nuevo Día | Telemundo - Duration: 9:02.

For more infomation >> Abel Flores del #TeamGuzmán busca triunfar en "La Voz" | Un Nuevo Día | Telemundo - Duration: 9:02.

-------------------------------------------

নতুন ধারাবাহিকে ফিরছেন জনপ্রিয় টেলি নায়ক ঋতজিৎ চট্টোপাধ্যায় | tv actor hritojeet chatterjee comeback - Duration: 1:16.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét