Chủ Nhật, 29 tháng 4, 2018

Youtube daily Apr 29 2018

Yes, I have noticed some differences between watching TV in Germany and the U.S.!

Hey everyone! I'm Dana and you're watching Wanted Adventure Living Abroad.

So in both Germany and the U.S. people do watch TV!

Hey look at that, starting off with a similarity.

And in both the U.S. and Germany there are restaurants where you can go and watch sports.

But there are already some differences there.

In the U.S. a common thing is the sports bar and restaurant.

This is a bar-restaurant where you can go and watch sports on TV.

And many of these places don't just have 1 or 2 or 5 or 6 six TVs.

They have lots of TVs.

Lots and lots and lots of TVs.

Like not just a TV in every general direction you look, but TVs on top of TVs on top of TVs.

Not like on top of one another so that you can't see the one behind it, but stacked

on top of each other like this.

I've even been to a place in the U.S. that had little TVs mounted into the individual

bathroom stalls. TVs installed on the inside of each stall door.

I know I'm not a sports person but...really?

Sometimes the TVs in the U.S. sports bar-restaurants are actually showing the same game.

So I have experienced it that I've gone to a place that has 20 TVs and 18 of them

are showing all the same thing.

But then also a lot of times the places in the U.S. show several different games and

different kinds of sports on the different TVs.

And in the U.S. a lot of times you might go to a sports bar-restaurant and not actually

watch any sports.

I know that I've gone to places in the U.S. many times that show sports but I went there

with my friends simply because I was craving chicken wings or potato skins or whatever,

not because we actually wanted to watch sports.

We just wanted to go to that place because they had good food and drinks.

It wasn't about the sports.

Okay, so now hop on over the ocean to Germany where there are also restaurants where you

can go and watch the game, but it's not super common here to have so many TVs all over the

place in the restaurant.

Actually I myself have never seen a restaurant in Germany with so many TVs like what I've

seen in the U.S.

And I've also never been to a restaurant in Germany showing more than one game at a time.

If a restaurant is showing a game here in Germany it's usually soccer and then that

is usually something that is advertised in advance.

Like it's a normal restaurant that all the other days of the week is not actually a place

for watching sports, it's just a normal restaurant.

But then on this particular day of the week at a particular time they will be showing

a particular game.

And pretty much everyone who goes there on that day at that time is there to watch that game.

Another difference I've noticed is commercial breaks.

But this one is a little bit tricky because it also seems to differ by show,

so what I'm actually watching.

And advertising schedules do change over time, so it definitely could be different now then

when I first moved away from the U.S. 9 years ago.

But my overall feeling with this is that in the U.S. there tend to be more frequent shorter

commercial breaks, whereas in Germany it feels like to me that the commercial breaks happen

less frequently, but then when they do come they seem to be longer.

But I have not done any measurements or timing on that.

That's just my feeling of it.

As far as the shows on TV go, a lot of the kinds of shows being broadcast seem pretty

similar in both countries to me.

Although I do have three things that I would like to mention here.

Number one: in Germany there are a good number of American TV shows and movies aired here,

and most of the ones that I've seen are with German dubbing.

But I believe that I've also seen one or two shows with just German subtitles instead.

Number two: there is a crime drama show here in Germany called "Tatort," which is really

well known and while I must admit I have not yet watched a single episode of it, I have

heard a lot about it.

And I learned that it's produced in a really cool way.

"Tatort" is filmed in a bunch of different locations with different crews and actors

in different cities in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

So I think that's a really awesome concept for a show.

And number three: the time that prime time actually begins is a little bit different.

Where I grew up on the East Coast of the U.S. prime time starts at 8 p.m., while in Germany

it starts at 8:15. 8:15 why? Why 8:15?

Because of the "Tagesschau," of course.

The "Tagesschau" is a 15 minute news broadcast that goes from 8:00 to 8:15 and has been airing

like that since the 1950s.

And thus in Germany most prime time shows begin at 8:15.

So my question for you is: Do you watch TV, when and what kind of shows?

And what TV watching differences have you noticed in places around the world?

Please let me know in the comments below. Thanks so much for watching.

If you enjoyed this video please think about giving a like with the like button.

And don't forget to subscribe for more Wanted Adventure videos on Wednesdays and Sundays.

And I would like to say thank you, thank you, thank you so much to our patrons on Patreon

who help make these videos possible. Thank you so much for your support.

If you would like to check out our Patreon page you can find a link to that down in the

description box below.

Until next time, auf Wiedersehen!

Thanks so much for watching. If you enjoyed this video...dance!

And it's, it's...

I haven't seen that here.

Where there were TVs in each door stall...stall door.

For more infomation >> WATCHING TV: Differences in Germany & USA - Duration: 7:30.

-------------------------------------------

Grande Fratello, rissa di notte censurata: schiaffi e pugni, la confessione choc | Wind Zuiden - Duration: 3:29.

For more infomation >> Grande Fratello, rissa di notte censurata: schiaffi e pugni, la confessione choc | Wind Zuiden - Duration: 3:29.

-------------------------------------------

Trường Con báo sư phụ Hiệp Đen về tới Sài Gòn con sẽ giết Quách Dũng tv bodoi - Duration: 6:50.

For more infomation >> Trường Con báo sư phụ Hiệp Đen về tới Sài Gòn con sẽ giết Quách Dũng tv bodoi - Duration: 6:50.

-------------------------------------------

LAND OF FAIRY TALES AND FANTASY * DANI TRAVEL TV - Duration: 2:30.

Welcome to the land of fairy tales and fantasy.

It is located northwest of the village Olimje in Slovenia.

About a kilometer away from the village Olimje.

Everyone is invited to the beautiful land of fairy tales and fantasy.

Subscribe to my channel and don't forget to activate the bell icon.

Thumb up if you like the video.

Thank you for watching and till the next time.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét