Thứ Bảy, 29 tháng 9, 2018

Youtube daily Sep 29 2018

hey everybody it's Rob the Backyard Gardenerr and we got to harvest some sweet potatoes today...

that's right everyone it's time to harvest the sweet

potatoes it was actually time more than ten days ago but we've had so much rain

first it was hot and I wanted to wait for it to cool down then it's been

raining like crazy so today is not the most ideal day to do it because we had a

huge thunderstorm the last couple of days the ground is pretty wet but I

checked the forecast it's gonna be wet for the next week and at the end of the

day I gotta get these two potatoes out of the ground they're already starting

to bulge they're probably gonna get some scabbing if I don't get them out and

I've noticed we had a little bit of pest damage on a few of them so with that

being said the first order of business is I need to go ahead and chop all the

vines down I'll be saving some of the leaves but as you can see here a lot of

the leaves have damage on them pretty much most of them so there's probably

not gonna be too many that I can save but there's a lot of new green foliage

that has grown since all the thunderstorms have hit so I'll save some

of them and fry those up for myself in the meantime we're gonna make a big ol

pile of the leaves and I missed all the mosquitoes crazy mosquitoes but I do

have bug off on me so I should be okay hopefully anyway well go ahead cut the

tops off and I'll bring you back in and we'll get a bird's-eye view of the

ground to see how many of these sweet potatoes are sticking out alright

everyone we've got the tops for the most part chopped away that's what we got

there big pile of bah-choo potato vines thought this would be a good time to go

ahead and show you something in case you didn't know everywhere the super title

vine touches something moist or more specifically the soil it starts to send

out more roots and if you look throughout all of these nodes you can

clearly see the sheer number of roots that this vine was sending down and so

my point is it's too late in the season to worry about keeping these roots or

these vines buried to produce more potatoes but if it's early enough in the

season as your shoe potato vine starts finding out if you have the space it is

a good idea to go ahead and dab some of the vines toss some dirt on it

let it set some more roots and more sweet potatoes will come out of some of

those out of some of those roots so you can actually get a bigger yield that way

now we're gonna have some of that happening I was taking a look here and

you can see the sheer number of shoot potatoes kind of peeking out of this

will get more further into that here in a second but you also can see spots

where it was barely just taking off and so we're gonna have some of these little

or sous potatoes they'll still eat fine I'm fine with those and then also

obviously when I was pulling out a lot of the vines I did pull some sweet

potatoes up inadvertently and I even found some like this like I said I know

we have some damage so we've lost some sweet potatoes to a couple of different

pests I haven't seen a lot of mice out here anymore but this bed when I removed

all of the brush whistle is laden with potato bugs or sow bugs the Jews wide

the comb potato bucks for a reason they love getting your potatoes when they're

right so you can see here we've got several several potato tops peaking up

I must have broke these off while I was pulling the vines but I'm expecting a

pretty good harvest here we've got lots and lots and lots of sweet potatoes

here's a nice example of a vine that had just started so we've got three littler

ones there got some back there we've got one laying

sideways over here and then I've got a couple of bad boys way over here and I

didn't plant I didn't plant past this stick so all these are from its vining

and I'm sure we probably even have some down here amongst the basil so really

curiously what we got which I will record a lot of the digging with you and

try to keep this video as short as possible but still give you an idea of

what I'm running into all right guys we're gonna start on the small side and

that's it there's some all sides because I did not plant any sous potatoes to the

left of this so I figured we come down in here

sorry about that I was so excited about it is I forgot to film these are from

the extra vines so whatever I get on this side is bonus so here's a couple of

sweet potatoes already let's see what else we got down here right amongst the

pineapple roots yeah this is gonna be probably a fairly large potato harvest I

would imagine we used twice as much space this year as we did last year so

here's a couple more for you that's pretty good shoot potatoes we slide this

over here we'll just keep following up this this area oh gosh that's another

nice one right here look at this guy

that is a nice one we do have some back here we got a little tiny pack right

here and this is what I was talking about earlier where the vine set late in

the season and so it gave us some smalls but like I said we don't really need

that one like I said well let it vine and do its thing and get more here's

another nice one back here

good old baseball size and continuing on we'll move over here I don't think

anything bind over here so I don't oh I'm could be wrong oh we got that's the

damaged one which we'll just toss back over there for something else to eat see

how these came out a little one there little one they're a little bit bigger

one there

and small one there so that's where we had another vine that had sent down all

right well let's grab this handful that's coming out right here again a

bunch of smalls and again these are probably where the vine just sent out

another set of roots and we've got more that came out

and potato bugs did a number on that one as well a couple of casualties

I don't mind casualties when we've got

pretty nice ones this one's actually

doesn't feel that healthy to tell you the truth I probably won't eat this one

it has a little bit of discoloration so we'll probably end up tossing it back

feels like something may have just started to get to it yeah I'm not a fan

we'll put it down over there as a discard but we will take these pieces

right here and we'll continue looking for sweet potatoes oh here's one not too

bad

a couple more odd shape ones Billy fine

all right we got a nice ice one right here

holy moly that is a giant gotta like it and this I would imagine came from one

of the main plants one of the main slips that I planted which is why a it's

closer to the surface B and they're bigger and C they're a little bit

discolored holy cow yeah beautiful

they just keep coming up Wow some monsters

wow this is gonna be large harvest guys and I still see lots of surface finds

somewhere now is pulling the potatoes up

well I was pulling the vines up alright you can see what it's looking like and

we're only about six feet in and we still got 12 feet to go so I'm gonna

pause for a while get both gloves on so I can expedite some of this and I'll

bring you back in a little bit well I pretty much removed probably 90% of the

potatoes out of the ground I will need to take my garden fork and just make

sure I didn't leave any down there since I do not want to be growing some

potatoes over here next year I grossly underestimated the box that I would need

the next step for me is to hose these down just a little bit just really just

run rock water over them so I can inspect the skins a little bit for any

damage see which ones I need to go ahead and expedite eating on sue potatoes you

can't eat straight out of the ground but it's best to cure them and so I have a

video on how i cure them which i'll post a link above right here if you want to

check that out after the video I'll also link that at the end of the video so you

can click on it when this video is over what I'm gonna do now is rinse all these

off give you a look at them in their bin we'll get them away up see how much

pounds I got I would imagine this is probably 35 pounds or so it could be

more maybe 40 pounds and I'm gonna put them in a bag which will help cure them

over the next three to seven days

we'll just give them a nice spraying off individually as well and then I'll stick

them in this bag which is actually a cooler bag well zip it up we'll put them

in the pantry and we'll give me three to five days check on them add a little

moisture if we need to since it's not 100 centimeter d but could be closed and

then we'll check them again three to five days after that let me go ahead and

get them in stop and then we'll weigh that bag there you have it that is a big

big bag and the final step is to take this scale well turn it on because then

the Sun just came out and we'll get this bag wait up let me zip it up and we'll

do a live weigh-in all right guys scales at zero I didn't tear the bag as far as

making sure it's zeroed out with the bag but I believe the bags about half a

pound

it got 43.2 pounds so 43.2 pounds the way I look at it is the bag probably

weighs half a pound so I'll call 43 pounds in probably 12 to 14 feet of

planting space probably 12 feet of planting space plus it bind out so it

used almost a full 18 feet technically but I only planted it out at 12 feet

I'll take it all right guys like I said 43 pounds of

sweet potatoes we'll take that all day Sun just came out so it feels fantastic

but last step is that I'm gonna go ahead and cure the potatoes I'm gonna leave

them inside that bag because it acts like a mini greenhouse keeps the humid

and warm in there and I'll be putting that in my pantry to go ahead and fit

not finalize the process if you have any questions on how to cure sweet potatoes

remember at the end of this video I'll link another video that I explained the

process more in detail hopefully enjoyed the soup potato

harvest with me it was my best ever we're getting a little smarter on how to

grow sweet potatoes here in Texas this is Rob the backyard gardener signing out

happy gardening and thanks for watching

For more infomation >> My Largest Sweet Potato Harvest! - Duration: 13:41.

-------------------------------------------

Exercises for a Baby with Low Tone #49: Strengthening the Back - Duration: 1:19.

Hi! My name is Amy Sturkey. I am a pediatric physical therapist with almost

30 years of clinical experience. I'm here with Myla. She's putting up with me and

I am working on back strength in sitting. So I am going to put toys on the

floor and ... hope that she will pick up. Oh my stars. She wants... There you

go. Just pick them up off the floor and

get some weight bearing down through the legs and works that back strength. So

I am stabilizing at the knees (sound effect) There we go. We are going to see if we can get

her to get up one more time, just for the video. I've got my forearm behind her

back. It does not look like I need to block her to

stay up. She is going to lean down, grab it, and come back up. That is a simple idea to

work on back strength. Yes, it's very nice. Well done! I hope you found it

helpful, and I will see you another time. Thanks! Bye!

For more infomation >> Exercises for a Baby with Low Tone #49: Strengthening the Back - Duration: 1:19.

-------------------------------------------

Venta de Versace: estos fueron los cinco momentos claves de la marca | Del 1 al 5 | El Espectador - Duration: 3:04.

For more infomation >> Venta de Versace: estos fueron los cinco momentos claves de la marca | Del 1 al 5 | El Espectador - Duration: 3:04.

-------------------------------------------

حظك اليوم الاحد 30-09-2018 فى التوقعات اليومية للابراج بقلم عالمة الفلك د. نيفين ابو شالة - Duration: 5:40.

Sunday 30/9/2018

Aries

professionally

Happiness and happiness are with you in this period and you have more than a chance to achieve the ambition worked for it a lot

Emotionally

Doubt and jealousy confuse your life, trust, love and tender the titles of your graduation from the situation you are going through

Taurus

professionally

May go through a period of stalemate and stagnation, and find that all the new studies that I have done are still on the table pending implementation

Emotionally

Your lover or partner will overwhelm you with love, happy surprises and charming times and feel intense emotions and desires that are extreme

Gemini

professionally

Achieving an important thing you were waiting for impatiently helps you achieve a quantum leap in the professional field and contributes to changing your life for the better

Emotionally

Tension in your emotional relationship because of your involvement in the privacy of your partner or lover, although you know that he is proud and hostile to his independence

Cancer

professionally

You may receive the message you are waiting for and expect to have news that improves your professional status, but unfortunately disappoints you

Emotionally

Emotional whimsical innocence practiced by all impulse and stupid and pay the price of conscience, anxiety and fatigue

Leo

professionally

Stop the adventure and go away by quick profit because it is a bankruptcy road and relied on yourself and your business

Emotionally

Your relationship with your partner or loved one is negatively affected by something from the past, see for the present and the future and not affected by anything of the past

Virgo

professionally

Try to adapt to the group that works with it because it is in your interest and away from vanity and love of control

Emotionally

You try to impose your control on your partner or lover in a soft way but he discovers that and feels sad because he loves you so much

Libra

Born in this tower On a day like this

The Artist Honest

And the artist Farida Al-Gheridi

And the artist Amr Kamal

professionally

How success is going to be your ally, so your mistakes do not affect you negatively, shut up this stage and start implementing the project you dream

Emotionally

True Love and Infinite Love live in all its aspects today and ascend into the world of magic and imagination

Scorpio

professionally

New decision or something that forces you to think about things from another angle, be cooperative with your friends at work

Emotionally

Agree with your lover or partner to make a radical change in your life and develop a successful and ambitious plan for renewal

Sagittarius tower

professionally

Try to keep your calm in the dark for a transient career problem you face, everyone respects your opinion and awaits your decision

Emotionally

Your jealousy and love of appearances threatens your relationship with your lover or partner and puts your emotional life on the verge of collapse, be natural and humble

Capricorn

professionally

Today you feel strong and self-confident and your work is in the way of building a good and secure future and your enthusiasm and ambition are increasing for the better

Emotionally

Stay away from compromises on the core issues of your emotional relationship

Aquarius

professionally

The opportunity to profit or the material equivalent in the horizon, you have to focus and know how to access it because it is your right

Emotionally

Live deep feelings and romantic atmosphere and play lover or partner an important role in the exit from the crisis experienced previously

Pisces

professionally

The barriers are removed from your way and the hour that has long been waiting for you comes and the astronomer invites you to reserve, compromise and bargain for your benefit

Emotionally

Alone love is not enough for the success and continuation of the emotional relationship, the balance between the mind and love is essential to this day

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét