- Welcome back to Sports Show, I'm Kenny Mayne.
We're gonna take you live
to a previously unscheduled press conference
where Pistons forward Blake Griffin is addressing the media.
Nobody's quite sure what this regards,
but I've a pretty solid guess.
- I'd like to formally announce
from the world of comedy.
- Okay, I was--
--I wasn't even close.
- Ultimately, I really wanted to spend
more time focusing on what was important to me,
the career that I should be really paying attention to.
- Blake, don't say music, don't do it.
- My music. - Seriously?
- To clarify, I will continue to play basketball,
otherwise the basketball people will stop paying me.
No more questions.
- So, you've just watched breaking news
out of what was - See? I'm serious.
clearly a storage unit.
Blake Griffin's still playing basketball, I guess,
but, also claims to carry a tune.
This is really stupid.
- I can't get out of my- - Fuck off, Blake Griffin.
- [Reporter] Keegan, so what do you think
about the fact that Blake's done with comedy?
- Yeah, I don't really follow his career.
- [Reporter] Derek, what do you think
about Blake leaving comedy?
- What's he goin' do?
- [Reporter] He's going into music.
(Derek chuckling) He's actually said
he was gonna go into music too,
what do you think about that?
- Oh see, now it's time for me to go.
- [Reporter] Why is it time for you to go?
You don't think he could sing?
- Nah, I don't want to hear him sing.
- [Reporter] Would you have any advice for him?
If you had to give him any advice on his music career,
what would that be? - I guess make it quick.
Do us all a favor.
- Tryna do? - Well first he did comedy,
but then he said - I heard somethin about that.
- What'd you hear? - That he wasn't funny.
- There's, like, so many day-jobs you could have,
like so many that you could get.
I mean, gardening, the service industry.
- The only future he had was in basketball,
buy hey, give it a try.
- [Reporter] You think he'll be going
to hip hop, country, some other shit?
What genre do you wanna hear from him?
- It's a new genre called silence.
- Um, Blake Griffin, advice for you, just don't.
- Thank you. - Is that the door?
Pardon me, oh that's a door. (onlookers laughing)
(gentle piano music)