Thứ Ba, 26 tháng 6, 2018

Youtube daily Jun 26 2018

-I'm so happy that you're here. -You know, I thought I had to

become like a pop star or like an actress to get here.

-No. -But somehow, poetry is getting

me into all this. -Poetry is the new pop, man.

[ Cheers and applause ] Absolutely.

I had to -- I had to talk to you

because I think it was "Milk and Honey,"

what I first saw on "The New York Times."

And I was like, "Wait, what is this?

And who is this girl?" And I didn't know the drawings,

the poetry. I mean, you do all of it, right?

That's all your -- -Yeah, yeah.

-What's your story? How did you get published?

-So actually, long story short, I have been drawing since

I was five years old because I moved to Canada with my family

when I was four years old. We moved from Punjab,

and I couldn't talk to anyone when I arrived 'cause

I didn't know any English. And so, I couldn't really make

any friends. And so, books became my friends.

And I started to draw and paint and write poetry.

And eventually, I started to, like, go to all these open mics.

And I got -- a community of readers just showed up.

And they were like, "Where can I buy your book?

Where can I buy your book?" And I was literally cornered

into a room every night asking -- people asking me where

they could buy them. -And where could they buy them?

-Nowhere. -You didn't have -- exactly.

-And so then I was like, "Okay, does somebody want

to publish me? I haven't written a novel

or anything." And people were like,

"No, no, no." And I was like, "Okay,

I'm on the right track here, because I know J.K. Rowling

got rejected only, like, 500 times."

-You got to always think of J.K., man.

-Always. -Yeah, absolutely.

And so I was like, "We're on our way here."

And you know, I didn't really -- I didn't really get a yes.

-Wow. -So I decided to self-publish

the book, and it was best decision I ever made.

[ Cheers and applause ]

-How did you get -- How does one self-publish?

How did you even get the money?

How did you get the support from who?

-So the best part was that I was broke and I was a student,

and I published it with, like, zero dollars

'cause I was able to design, write, and edit all of it.

Cause I was studying design in school, so I laid it out.

I did all the illustrations. And, I mean --

-That's a lot of work. -This is what I did while I was

supposed to be studying for all of my exams.

So you know, all my friends were like, "What is wrong with you?

You're supposed to be on your way to becoming a lawyer."

You know, I wanted to be like Amal Clooney.

-Oh, yeah. Again, J.K., Amal Clooney.

These are -- -These are my --

-These are people. These are my -- me too.

-I know. -I love them both.

-Yeah, exactly. -And my parents were like,

"She's not okay." -Yeah.

"She needs help." -Yeah. Wow.

-And then I was, like -- Hmm. And then I showed up with

the book at home, and my dad was like, "Oh, cool."

-And then, it took off. And then you got a following

from so many people, but then also,

one famous person I'm going to bring out got a tattoo

of one of your drawings. Now, whose arm is this?

That is -- You can say it.

-Sam Smith. -Yeah, that's Sam Smith's arm.

[ Cheers and applause ]

So Sam Smith got a tattoo of your drawing.

I mean, do you remember drawing this?

-Yeah. -And now --

-And I was like, "This is so ugly.

I should quit right now. Why am I doing this?"

-Really? -And then one day, there you go.

-And now it's part of his body.

[ Laughter ]

-And I feel so great about it. I'm like --

-You drew part of Sam Smith's body.

-Buddy, you're not forgetting me, no, no, no.

Yeah. -It's a beautiful poem

as well as drawing. It's very, very good.

-Yeah. -What's fun about you is that

I also -- I would say Sam Smith as well.

We've had him on the show 'cause he writes these great songs.

And they're beautiful, and some of them are heartbreaking.

But he's also really fun. -Yeah.

-And kind of goofy and... -He is.

-...I think you need to have that balance if you're going

to do anything, really. -Yeah.

-'Cause he comes on and I kept making -- I kept singing

this one song of his, and he was like, "Please stop."

[ Laughter ]

He goes, "You're making me hate the song."

[ Laughter ]

And then, he stopped singing the song for a while in concert,

and I thought it was because of me.

-Oh, no. -And I go, "No,

you have to do this." 'Cause I like that song --

♪ Money on my mind, money ♪♪ He's like, "Just stop.

Stop singing please. Stop singing that."

And so I think he now -- it's back in the thing.

But, gosh. He made fun of me last time

for that. -Yeah.

-But I thought -- 'cause I know you perform live a lot.

-Yeah. -And you actually --

you have to continue to do that.

You know, you can't stop. That's part of your thing.

-It's like when I come to life, I get to be this sort of --

Sounds really dramatic. I feel like I get to be

the woman of my dreams when I'm on stage.

And so -- [ Cheers and applause ]

-Why not? -I just like --

this whole different person comes out, and it's incredible.

Yeah. You have to come see me live.

-I do want to see you live. -Yes.

-Where would you perform? Where could I go see you?

-Well, I'm off tour right now, thank God.

I've been on the road for, like, nine months.

But maybe, we might come to New York in the fall.

-Okay. -So I'll let you know.

-You're, like, opening for Sam Smith.

[ Laughter ] Why not?

You could. Could I -- Could I ask you

to maybe read something for us tonight?

-I'd love to. Yeah. -Is that okay?

-Yeah. [ Cheers and applause ]

Let's do this.

Okay. -I like that one.

-Okay. Can I tell everyone

why I wrote it? -Yes.

-Okay. So, I wrote this piece called

"Timeless," right, because I published my first book,

"Milk and Honey." And all my publishers

and everybody around me -- you know what, wait.

My publisher, A&P, they're amazing.

But everybody else was like, "All right, girl, you need

to write a second book right now.

Catch the wave, or somebody else is going to come replace you."

And I was like, "Oh, my God, that's so much pressure.

I'm, like, 22 years old." What?

-I didn't write my first one, yeah.

-And so then, I wrote this poem to sort of say, "Stop.

I'll do it when I'm ready." It's called "Timeless."

They convinced me I only had a few good years left

before I was replaced by a girl younger than me,

as though men yield power with age, but women grow

into irrelevance.

They can keep their lies, for I have just gotten started.

I feel as though I just left the womb.

My 20s are the warmup for what I'm really about to do.

So wait till you see me in my 30s.

Now, that will be a proper introduction

to the nasty, wild woman in me.

How can I leave before the party started?

Rehearsals begin at 40.

I ripen with age.

I do not come with an expiration date.

And now for the main event, curtains up at 50.

Let's begin the show.

-Come on.

[ Cheers and applause ]

Thank you so much for doing it. Thank you.

Rupi Kaur!

Thank you for making the world a better place.

For more infomation >> Rupi Kaur Reads Timeless from Her Poetry Collection The Sun and Her Flowers - Duration: 6:44.

-------------------------------------------

It Gets Better: Moniece Slaughter Says You Are Not Alone 🌈 | VH1 - Duration: 1:15.

- Coming out for me was definitely a scary process.

I grew up in a very religious background

where being gay was not accepted.

When I first told my dad I was in a relationship

with a woman, he thought maybe it was just a phase,

maybe I'd grow out of it.

And I remember telling him that it had nothing to do

with her gender and it was all about her, the person.

And he said, oh, so you basically fell

in love with your best friend.

And we've made huge strides.

He and my partner have their own relationship.

Totally separate of me.

This pride month, I want all LGBTQ kids to know,

as alone as you may feel,

just pause, take a second and realize that there's

an entire community of people who are just like you.

We like the same things you like.

And we like you.

It definitely gets betters.

You are not by yourself.

For more infomation >> It Gets Better: Moniece Slaughter Says You Are Not Alone 🌈 | VH1 - Duration: 1:15.

-------------------------------------------

At This Point in the Broadcast: The Beach - Duration: 2:52.

-Now, if I may,

there's something that I need to get off my chest.

A couple friends started an e-mail chain

with the intention of organizing a trip

to the beach next weekend.

And I usually don't air my personal opinions on the show,

but I just have to say this once and for all.

The beach flat-out sucks!

[ Cheers and applause ]

And if you can't stand the heat, kiss my crispy red ass!

Whoo! That felt good!

For more infomation >> At This Point in the Broadcast: The Beach - Duration: 2:52.

-------------------------------------------

Lil Rel Howery Talks About Get Out's Alternate Ending - Duration: 6:59.

-How are you? -[ Laughs ]

I'm doing good. -I'm glad you're here.

So, congrats on the film.

For those that don't -- That was Kyrie Irving

in that scene with you.

That was current NBA basketball player Kyrie Irving.

-25-year-old Kyrie Irving is playing a really old man.

-I mean, you obviously grew up a basketball fan.

Was it exciting to spend an entire

film shoot with these guys?

-It was surreal, to be honest with you,

'cause I'm a legit, real fan.

So, like, to be around Chris Webber and Reggie Miller

and, like, being able to ask the questions

I always wanted to ask.

Like, I asked Reggie Miller, why did him and Mike

get into this fight in like '91?

-Yeah.

-And it was a real fight. I watch it once a year.

It's a weird traditional thing. -Yeah.

-And the funny thing is -- from both --

So, I have a friend who's a friend of Michael Jordan,

who says Reggie did one thing,

and Reggie told me that Mike did one thing.

I don't know who telling the truth.

-Yeah.

But it's a pretty good situation to be in

to be able to hear both sides, I think, yeah.

-I feel like I really --

Like, I could be an inside source for, like, ESPN.

Like, they should call me. -Well now, yeah.

It's interesting.

Does it bother you that -- 'Cause Kyrie is really good.

-Yeah.

-So, he's already a great basketball player.

Now he's, like, good at acting.

Like, the same could not be said of you, right?

[ Laughter ]

-Damn. -Or I.

-But, look, let me say this.

I mean, I have said that before, like, where it's like

I'm a little annoyed that all of them

could come do my job whenever they feel like it.

-Yeah.

-Like, "Oh, yeah, I ain't got to play this summer,

so I'll make a movie real quick."

-Yeah.

-'Cause I can't do the same thing.

-Yeah, exactly.

"I got 10 days off. I'm gonna go play for the Jazz."

[ Laughter ]

The one thing that you have over them is --

you are not in age makeup the whole film.

Obviously, they had to spend a ton of time getting it.

Do you feel like you at least had figured out

the better part to be in this film for that?

-No. I mean -- Well, I'll tell you.

This is funny, though.

Because they was getting everything done early,

I didn't see their real faces for months.

-Yeah.

-So, like, for the longest,

I thought they looked how they look.

So it wasn't -- Like, when Kyrie went to Boston,

he had that press conference.

And I was watching like, "Oh.

That's how you look in real life."

-Well, you actually went the other way,

because there's a young version of you in the film.

-Yeah.

-And, obviously, instead of deciding to put

young makeup on you, you cracked the code.

Your son played young you.

-Yeah, my son plays little me in a movie, man.

-He's fantastic. -He's really good, too.

-Yeah.

-He's backstage right now with my daughter.

But he's really good.

It was like he was really professional, too.

Like, that's a little annoying.

My son takes his acting jobs way too serious.

You know what I mean?

He don't know, like, certain little acting ethics, right?

Because he did "The Carmichael Show," too.

-Yeah.

-And I remember, we was doing our speed read

in the makeup room, and I didn't know my lines, so he did it.

I was like, "Okay, fam." You know what I mean?

I was like, "Wait a minute."

I had to pull him to the side like,

"Hey, look here, Bro.

Like, you're lucky you're my son,

'cause if you weren't, we'd be boxing on this Fox lot."

-And your daughter also --

Is she also drawn to show business?

-Well, she likes more the behind-the-scenes stuff,

more the creative stuff.

So, like, most of the time when I'm on sets with things,

and like, the directors will give her a headset.

And she'll sit there and look all cool and classy,

like some cool director.

I think she's a future director. -Yeah. Well, she's smart.

That's where the money is. Yeah.

You -- I want to ask about this.

You were in the film "Get Out." -Yes.

-Absolutely, for my money, the best film of last year.

[ Cheers and applause ]

A great film.

I don't think anybody could have predicted how popular it was.

What was your first reaction when you

saw it for the first time?

-Well, when I saw it the first time --

'Cause there's two versions of it.

Like, the premiere was one thing,

and me seeing it for the first time -- I saw it on my laptop.

And this was when we were shooting the new ending.

So I saw it with the original ending.

-Yeah.

-And although I love the movie,

I couldn't sleep that night.

I was, like, really sad.

-For those who don't know, yeah,

the original ending is very depressing.

And they reshot the ending for you, basically, to be the hero.

-I know.

That's such a great -- I thought Jordan was brilliant

at making a hero just a good friend.

-Yeah.

-Not with superpowers, nothing extra.

He's like, "No, I'm just gonna go pick him up."

-Yeah. That's all you need.

Sometimes, all you need is for somebody to pick you up.

-You just need a ride. -Yeah, you just need a ride.

What -- I know you've probably been asked this a million times.

Because you played a TSA agent in the film and you were a hero,

do TSA agents recognize you?

And is your experience any different?

-Well, this is the thing about it.

They are really nice to me.

They're like, "Oh, man. Oh, man. Big fan, man.

You killed the movie.

But you still got to take your shoes off, brother."

It was like, "What? I can't keep my shoes on?

Get a pre-check man?"

But it's real.

So, I just lost, like, all my identification.

Not really lost, but somebody stole my bag

with everything in it.

So, like, you can still travel with expired stuff,

but then they do a whole extra thing.

-Yeah.

-So, like, I'm getting frisked, like, straight up,

and he's apologizing the whole time.

"Look at me.

I know you was in the movie, and I'm sorry.

You know, it was -- "I mean, you ain't got no ID, man.

I don't know what you want us to do."

-Tiffany Haddish is in the film with you.

You guys have known each other a long time.

-Yes.

-And you actually went to see a movie together,

and you saw a preview for "Get Out."

-Yeah.

-I mean, I imagine, first,

Tiffany is a fantastic person to see any movie with.

-Yeah.

-What was it like when she saw her friend in a preview?

-'Cause she's such an energetic friend and enthusiastic.

So, we sit there -- We went to see "Birth of a Nation."

This is actually while

we were shooting "The Carmichael Show."

It was, like, after rehearsals or something.

We went to the movies.

And I didn't even know the trailer was coming on.

And the trailer came on, and she's just like,

"Oh, my God!

There he go, y'all!

He's sitting right here! He ready! That's my boy!"

I'm like... [ Cheers and applause ]

-I think a lot of people would be very happy

to have Tiffany Haddish do that.

-Let me tell you something. Like, she is so inspiring.

Like, you know, the coolest thing about, really,

both of us in the situation, we're going through this

experience together as friends.

So, like, those conversations --

Sometimes, you do need somebody to talk to

that understands everything.

And she's handling -- It's so surreal

watching these celebrities be --

Like, they lined up to meet her at a party one night.

And I was sitting there like, "Wow. Look at my friend."

-And I guarantee you not one of them regretted doing it,

because I think -- -No.

Everybody wants to feel that energy.

And it's like I'm so proud, 'cause she's been

the same way the whole time, which I think is ---

You know, a lot of times, people think

everything is an overnight success, but, like, no.

I saw her printing up those audition signs

and just, like, not even booking stuff

but just happy that they called her in.

You know what I'm saying?

And she was able to get the opportunity to do it

and then go at night and do stand-up set

at like four or five different places.

So that girl worked hard to get where she at.

I'm so proud of her. -Well, that's great.

And it's fantastic, your success, as well.

Thank you so much for being here, man.

For more infomation >> Lil Rel Howery Talks About Get Out's Alternate Ending - Duration: 6:59.

-------------------------------------------

Karan Mehra And Nisha Rawal Celebrate Son Kavish Mehra's First Birthday - Duration: 2:29.

Karan Mehra And Nisha Rawal Celebrate Son Kavish Mehra's First Birthday

For more infomation >> Karan Mehra And Nisha Rawal Celebrate Son Kavish Mehra's First Birthday - Duration: 2:29.

-------------------------------------------

Let's Stop the Great Pacific Garbage Patch! - Duration: 1:18.

(bright music)

- [Jerry] As a race, we humans have come a long, long way.

Our advances in science, medicine and technology

are practically immeasurable, but for all of the good

that we've done, everything to advance humankind,

there's a lot more we can do.

Right now, the waste stream from our advances

is basically killing our planet.

There's an island of trash literally three times

the size of Texas floating out in the Pacific Ocean.

If we continue on at this current rate,

our oceans will be more plastic than fish in our lifetime.

And the plastic doesn't biodegrade

and just magically go away; it's much worse than that.

The trash breaks down into micro plastics

which are then consumed by sea life

and if they're eating it, we are too.

So what can you do about it?

Help us fight plastic pollution by replacing disposables

with reusables. Take our pledge

at the URL below to enter to win a reusable kit worth $160.

For more infomation >> Let's Stop the Great Pacific Garbage Patch! - Duration: 1:18.

-------------------------------------------

South Korea plans to double basic research funds by 2022 - Duration: 0:41.

Basic research funds will be doubled by the year 2022.

A decision made during a policy coordination meeting between the government and the ruling

bloc.

Meaning the funds will reach some 2-point-2 billion U.S. dollars.

All directed towards boosting creative research and development.

The two sides also agreed to increase the R&D budget to tackle environmental issues,...

such as fine-dust.

The government plans to revive a meeting between science and IT-related ministries -- so that

they can work more closely together.

Such efforts should contribute to President Moon Jae-in's innovative growth, which centers

around technological innovation leading to economic expansion and job creation.

For more infomation >> South Korea plans to double basic research funds by 2022 - Duration: 0:41.

-------------------------------------------

Heavy monsoon rain in the central region _ 062618 - Duration: 1:39.

Hello, I'm Michelle Park here with the latest weather update.

The monsoon front is hovering right above the central region.

Heavy rain advisories have been issued for the central region and Chungcheong-do provinces.

The monsoon front is expected to move south tomorrow.

As it moves away, Seoul will have a bit of sun by the afternoon.

Until tomorrow, Seoul will get between 30 and 80 millimeters of rain.

The southwest will get the most precipitation while the southeast will get slightly less

rain.

The lows in Seoul will remain at 20 degrees Celsius.

Daegu and Gyeongju are warmer at 24 and 23 degrees.

As Seoul brightens up, the mercury will peak at 28 degrees, Gwangju hits 27, Busan is a

bit lower at 25.

For the next few days, the monsoon front will move up and down the peninsula bringing rain.

I'll leave you with the weather conditions around the world.

For more infomation >> Heavy monsoon rain in the central region _ 062618 - Duration: 1:39.

-------------------------------------------

U.S. to set no timeline in regards to North Korea's denuclearization: Pompeo - Duration: 2:36.

It's already been half a month since the leaders of North Korea and the U.S. met for an historic

summit.

The world is curious to learn if any progress has been made on steps to denuclearize Pyongyang.

Which is why Washington's top diplomat responded.

However, according to our Lee Ji-won, there was a difference in tone compared to his previous

statements.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says there's no timeline for North Korea's denuclearization,

but the Trump administration will "constantly reassess" whether enough progress is being

made to continue talks.

Pompeo made the remarks in a phone interview with CNN to mark his first two months in office.

While there will be no timeline on the denuclearization process, Pompeo said the U.S. is committed

to going forward at an "expeditious moment" to achieve what was agreed at the first ever

North Korea-U.S. summit on June 12th.

This is in stark contrast to a senior U.S. defense official, who said ahead of Defense

Secretary James Mattis' trip to Asia that Washington will soon set a timeline for North

Korea with "specific asks".

Pompeo had also told reporters the day after the Singapore summit that Washington hopes

to achieve North Korea's "major disarmament" within Trump's current term, which ends in

January 2021.

But as if to reconfirm, Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White said Monday, that U.S. defense

officials would only speak to military-related negotiations on North Korea and that there

was "no specific timeline" for the diplomatic process.

Despite concerns about the root of these comments, and what could be causing the delay with the

follow-up meetings, Pompeo remained outwardly optimistic about North Korea's denuclearization.

Pompeo suggested it was too soon to expect a detailed roadmap after 40 years of tensions

but he insisted North Korean leader Kim Jong-un had been "unequivocal" about his willingness

to denuclearize.

Pompeo added that understandings put together prior to and during the summit put the U.S.

on the right trajectory to build a framework for success.

Referring to President Trump's suspension of Washington's joint military exercises with

South Korea, Pompeo said it would only last if "there's a good faith negotiation progress",

with "productive results being achieved".

While Pompeo said a week ago that he would likely travel back to Pyongyang "before too

terribly long", there has not yet been an official announcement on his travel plans.

Lee Ji-won Arirang News.

For more infomation >> U.S. to set no timeline in regards to North Korea's denuclearization: Pompeo - Duration: 2:36.

-------------------------------------------

N. Korea needs assistance for drug-resistant tuberculosis: Aid group - Duration: 2:45.

One of the key subjects that still needs to be addressed when it comes to North Korea,...

is medical assistance.

According to a foundation that works closely with the regime in terms of humanitarian aid,...

tuberculosis is a highly serious issue, even more so than malnutrition.

Park Hee-jun takes a closer look into the situation.

One thing North Korea needs desperately, but which has received too little attention,...

is medical assistance.

The Eugene Bell Foundation has been working with Pyongyang since the 1990s to fulfill

the humanitarian needs of the North Korean people.

The foundation aims to eradicate tuberculosis, which has become resistant to drugs,... a

dire issue that requires international attention.

"Tuberculosis is North Korea's number 1, 2, 3 biggest health challenge.

I think it far outstrips any other disease, and arguably even concerns for malnutrition,

because it's an air borne infection.

And it can go dormant and become active decades after someone actually contracts it."

An estimated 8-thousand North Koreans contract multi-drug resistant TB every year.

The foundation has been treating about 15 percent of them, and the Global Fund 5 percent

-- which leaves some 80 percent unaccounted for.

But at present, there's not much that can be done.

Global organizations have had to pull out of North Korea amid tensions on the Korean

Peninsula and the enforcement of international sanctions.

"The latest sanctions, for instance, prohibits metal, and a lot of states have interpreted

that as anything that contains metal.

So the latest sanctions have thrown the whole series of normal regular humanitarian related

items in to question.

And some organizations are just not willing to take that risk."

If tuberculosis isn't treated, it will only spread.

Regardless of the obstacles that now exist, Dr. Linton believes that humanitarian problems

like TB should not be sidelined by politics.

"If they have a serious, life-threatening humanitarian issue that you can deal with

in a transparent manner,... making your treatment of that particualar problem, subject of their

political consideration on their part, I think, is out of line.

So there should be a dual track system, where basic needs are met regardless of political

or military tension."

And according to Dr. Linton,... North Koreans are very determined to go ahead.

He says humanitarian assistance is likely to bring great benefits to them,... much more

than the easing or lifting of economic sanctions.

Park Hee-jun, Arirang News.

For more infomation >> N. Korea needs assistance for drug-resistant tuberculosis: Aid group - Duration: 2:45.

-------------------------------------------

The world's most expensive cities for expatriates - Duration: 0:38.

Hong Kong is the most expensive city in the world for expats to live in.

Runner up is Tokyo, Seoul is the fifth, and Shanghai sits at the seventh spot.

That's according to the annual cost of living report produced by HR firm Mercer.

The report ranked over 2-hundred cities on the cost of more than 200 goods and services,

such as coffee, bread, milk, cinema tickets and rent.

Currency fluctuations seem to be the dominant reason for Asian cities topping the list.

Mercer used New York as the base city for all comparisons, with currency movements measured

against the U.S. dollar.

For more infomation >> The world's most expensive cities for expatriates - Duration: 0:38.

-------------------------------------------

Real life hero|hero in real life|असली हीरो - Duration: 22:48.

For more infomation >> Real life hero|hero in real life|असली हीरो - Duration: 22:48.

-------------------------------------------

[뉴스] || 블랙핑크 제니, 몸매 비결? "활동기간에는 짠 음식 안 먹는다" ? - Duration: 2:37.

For more infomation >> [뉴스] || 블랙핑크 제니, 몸매 비결? "활동기간에는 짠 음식 안 먹는다" ? - Duration: 2:37.

-------------------------------------------

GE plans to spin off its health-care unit and shed its stake in Baker Hughes | American To... - Duration: 1:47.

For more infomation >> GE plans to spin off its health-care unit and shed its stake in Baker Hughes | American To... - Duration: 1:47.

-------------------------------------------

Social Media Par "Jhanvi Kapoor" Ne Express Kiya "Ishan Khattar" Ke Liye Apna Pyar | Dhadak - Duration: 1:26.

For more infomation >> Social Media Par "Jhanvi Kapoor" Ne Express Kiya "Ishan Khattar" Ke Liye Apna Pyar | Dhadak - Duration: 1:26.

-------------------------------------------

Legacy Project: Jean Kim, Part 2 - Duration: 8:49.

Life was

Very difficult after the Korean War

I came to the United States 1970

I was a 35 year old woman

I was here once before 1960

As a foreign student one year

And I couldn't stay longer than that

Because the financial situation didn't work out

And I went back home

Promising myself that I'll come back and finish my study

But then I happen to marry

There and had two kids- two boys

My husband was educated many years ago

He was a law major in Japan under Japanese occupation

And after, Korean War in the 60's

Men like him

There was no place to find employment nothing

I worked as a social worker after

Graduating from the seminary

Ten years marriage life until I came to the United States 1970

I moved once a year I moved ten times in ten years

Since we didn't have a lump sum of money

I had to pay monthly rent

And somehow monthly rent didn't work out

Raised rent or some reason

We had to move every year

And I prayed to God that I need to get out of here

I cannot stand this anymore- with two kids

Sure enough, God listened to my prayer

An opportunity came to come to the United States

To do some service and go to school

So I left first

We promised if he had a chance

To come here, to come first

If chance came to me I'd come first

So I left everybody there husband and two kids

And I took off, came to the United States

Hoping to go back to school

Yeah, so 1970 and they joined me 1971

After graduating from seminary

I joined Care Korea

C.A.R.E that was

USA social service agency

I was hired as a social worker

And I was assigned to develop a

Rehabilitation program for leper colonies

Around the Seoul outskirt in the countryside

There were twelve leper colonies

I did that and I had an association with the lepers

And with helping the orphans and the widows

We had too many widows from the Korean War

So when I came to the United States

I was hired as an assistant social worker for home for the aged

And I was the recreation director

For the infirmary and after that

I experienced

Racial discrimination with the pay

And out of my anger, without saying anything

I quit the job and

I went to St. Louis University to get my masters in social work

As a minority, having no citizenship yet

And you complain

And your records follow you for the rest of your life

So without saying anything I went back to school

And I got masters in social work from St. Louis University in 1977

Ever since, I got a good job in community mental health hospital

As a mental health counselor and social worker

And ever since, I've been in the social work field

Since I brought the B.A.

And B.D., bachelor in divinity from Korea

And masters here

And later I was ordained

When I worked at the community mental health center

I met many homeless people there

And that was the occasion I was associated with the homeless

When I came here, I had to work with the lepers

But there were no lepers so that was the population my heart went for

I noticed that we a good job in doing therapy and all that

But I thought it wasn't as powerful as

Christian faith

And I met many people

Brought into the mental ward

After attempting suicide

And I thought they had God in their life

They don't have to kill themselves

So I developed a homeless women's church in Seattle

And served that seven years

And then I was so sick with bronchial asthma

1996 I thought I was dying

And I wanted to prepare my death

I- many times I was preparing for death

And I'm still here

And this time I'm preparing for real one

So I

Wanted to retired from that ministry

Because I was preparing the death

And then general assembly of presbyterian church out of the blue

Offered me a job

To do a

Speaking tour

To educate the whole presbyterian church

On the issue of poverty and homelessness

So I thought, "Oh my god"

"I am dying"

And maybe this is a second call

How can you say no to God's call

So

I say yes

I was determined to die in the plane or

The speaking podium or

Traveling or whatever

When God takes me

I have to say yes anywhere I was

It was one or two years job but then

Lasts six years

And I end up

Forming presbyterian network to end homelessness

I served as interim director for one year

And then I was retiring to Seattle

I worked out of Seattle

Actually because it was traveling work

But then last year

With my 80th birthday money

A lot of friends gave me gifts

I said

I don't want any card, gift or flowers

I am developing

Jean Kim foundation for the homeless education

And they gave me some funds

So I developed a foundation in my name

And as of my last project

I am educating

Homeless people in community colleges so four year colleges

So in the meantime

After I worked in

This field serving the homeless people

I went back to San Francisco seminary

To put all this experience down on paper

And then I wanted to be exposed to good resources

And I was

Really exposed to good resources

Political, economic

And the social field area

And I wrote 300 pages of

Dissertation and I got DMin (Doctor of Ministry)

At my age 71

I got just diagnosed having

Pulmonary fibrosis

And that's the hardness of the lunges

And begin to have breathing problems

So I don't know how long God give me life but

My paycheck retired in 2000

But then work, never retired

I think it will continue to the last moment

Retirement is overrated

Retir- no retirement

No retirement, too much

Too many things to do

And I got enough experience and knowledge and theology

You have to continue to

You know offer, something you have

And I don't want to bury

All that into the grave with me

So, work goes on and on

My name is Jean Kim

This is my

Korean American clergy woman's story

For more infomation >> Legacy Project: Jean Kim, Part 2 - Duration: 8:49.

-------------------------------------------

S. Korea's consumer sentiment index hit record low since April 2017 - Duration: 2:02.

The nation's consumer sentiment index plummets to its lowest point since last April.

Key contributing factor include gloomy job figures and trade tensions between the U.S.

and China.

Ko Roon-hee breaks down the discouraging digits for us.

South Korea's consumer confidence dipped in June to its lowest point in 14 months.

According to the Bank of Korea, the composite sentiment index dropped two-point-four points

from the previous month to 105-point-five, its lowest level since April 2017.

A reading above 100 means there are more optimists than pessimists about the economy.

The nation's central bank attributed the fall to two main concerns for South Koreans…sluggish

job figures and the U.S.-China trade spat.

Earlier this month, Statistics Korea announced that the unemployment rate for Koreans aged

15-to-29 was ten-point-five percent... the highest on record since related figures were

first compiled in 1999.

South Koreans were also pessimistic about the nation's economy because of increasing

tensions between the U.S. and China.

U.S. President Donald Trump announced earlier in June that he will press ahead with a 25

percent tariff on Chinese imports and China's Commerce Ministry said it will apply countermeasures

of the same scale.

The Bank of Korea said South Koreans are worried about the damage to the nation's exporters,

which produce parts that go into China's final products.

It also added that other external factors might have affected people's sentiment, such

as U.S. Federal Reserve raising interest rates.

"South Korean stocks dropped in June.

This is related to another rate hike by the U.S. Fed.

Other emerging economies such as Turkey or Brazil have been seeing capital outflows after

the move."

The Bank of Korea predicted that next month's consumer sentiment index will likely be affected

by what happens to the nation's exports.

Ko Roon-hee, Arirang News.

For more infomation >> S. Korea's consumer sentiment index hit record low since April 2017 - Duration: 2:02.

-------------------------------------------

Teenager head stuck inside exhaust pipe - Duration: 1:46.

this teenager drunkenly got her head stuck in an exhaust pipe and to add

insult to injury ended up getting a telling-off from the police word - we've

all done something silly after a few too many beverages and for 19 year old

Caitlin Strom that meant testing out whether or not her head would fitting

sign a stranger's truck exhaust pipe at the end of her scientific study Caitlin

discovered she could indeed fit her head inside it the difficulty was getting her

head back out again she was stuck for 45 minutes at the wind

stock music festival in Minnesota eventually being cut free by

firefighters using an electric saw we were just all having fun and us all this

big exhaust pipe and I was like hey my head could probably fit in that Caitlin

told the Hutchinson leader so I tried it it did fit but it didn't want to come

back out but as soon as she tasted freedom she was cited by the McLeod

County Sheriff's Department for underage drinking she then had to apologize to

the trucks owner I remember getting my head unstuck and I just looked at him

and apologized and he said no I'm just glad you're okay

don't worry about it Caitlin said she and the pipe have since become

borderline celebrities in their town after the incident she posted a photo on

social media with the sawed off exhaust pipe with the caption yeah I'm the

tailpipe girl we actually know about it hash winds talk to k18 kicking me off

the pipe has Bo been put on display in Minnesota pub the Darwin tavern

For more infomation >> Teenager head stuck inside exhaust pipe - Duration: 1:46.

-------------------------------------------

జ్యేష్ఠమాసం-బుధగ్రహ శాంతి | Jyeshta Masam | Budha Graha Shanti | Jyeshta Masam Budha Graha Shanti - Duration: 2:50.

POOJA TV PRESENTS

For more infomation >> జ్యేష్ఠమాసం-బుధగ్రహ శాంతి | Jyeshta Masam | Budha Graha Shanti | Jyeshta Masam Budha Graha Shanti - Duration: 2:50.

-------------------------------------------

Two Koreas discuss inter-Korean rail connection, modernization on Tuesday - Duration: 2:23.

Inter-Korean talks continue.

Today's talking point: cooperation on linking up their railroads.

The two sides exchanged a draft agreement, but with the discussions ongoing, it's not

yet known what's in it.

Oh Jung-hee gets us up to speed with the developments.

Delegations from Seoul and Pyongyang met again on Tuesday -- this time, to discuss inter-Korean

railway connections.

The talks began at 10AM, Korea time, at the border village of Panmunjom.

It's the first time that the two Koreas have discussed railways since 2008.

The delegates stressed they'll try and touch upon various practical issues... to successfully

implement April's summit agreement, the Panmunjom Declaration.

"There's been a drought recently and the weather's been pretty hot, but today we're seeing some

welcome rain and the Imjin-gang river rose as well.

I have a feeling that we could see some good results from our meeting today."

"I believe there are no differences on our willingness to connect our people's rail artery.

Railways are the future of our economy.

I believe, if we put our wisdom and power together on this glorious project, we could

create some good results for our people."

The two Koreas connected one railway in 2004 -- between the South Korean capital Seoul

and North Korean city of Sinuiju -- but renovation is needed to modernize it.

In addition to that railway, South and North Korea are hoping to connect their railway

along the eastern coast of the peninsula -- which would start off in South Korea's southeastern

city of Busan, cut through North Korea and even go into Russia and head towards Europe.

For that, the two Koreas will also have to find a way to modernize North Korea's railroads

which are very old and can only allow trains to travel at low speeds.

But if it can be done, it would have a big impact.

South Korea will be connected to the rest of the continent, which would enable the movement

of people and goods to Asia and Europe by train.

But it's difficult to expect specific actions needed for actually connecting and upgrading

railways because of the international sanctions on North Korea.

So for now, Seoul and Pyongyang are expected to agree on investigating the current status

of the rail network and conducting joint studies on how to modernize it.

Oh Jung-hee, Arirang News.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét